• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New vehicle lift

wil440

My brother and myself have a workshop together where we do a lot of welding and fabrication work as well as vehicle welding and repairs.

Just done a Komatsu PC 290 excavator riddle bucket that had the entire bottom ripped out of it, cutting edge and riddle slats right back to the bucket roll, got another in on friday for 2 outer shanks to replace

Got 2 Mecedes vans to build hydraulic decks in the back to carry 5 coffins for a funeral company

A few weeks ago our 2 post lift wouldn't raise, the quadrant on the R/H screw is worn to the point that a small clip pops to stop the lift being used (safety feature) We had to use it for one job welding a camper van for MOT inspection but we made sure we had it supported as well as the lift

We bought a replacement yesterday 9000lb 4 poster MIUSA  CA to be precise best thing about this is it is moveable and 240volt instead of 3 phase

To move it  4 dollies with a wheel on each is placed under the beams, put 4 pins in and then the ramp is lowered this lifts the 4 posts enabling the whole thing to be wheeled around...... genius

We bought it from a repair shop that had just spent over 50k on new lifts...... some people have more £££ than sense

Took us 2 hours to assemble yesterday afternoon, just hydraulic oil today and a test lifting my truck which is I'd say is right on the limit

• Like 2

• Staff

I hope this new equipment works out great for your company. Please be careful sometimes things happen when you least expect it. I'm old enough to know there are moments when your mind seems to drift while doing something and you end up hurt. Please remain watchful Will. :pray:

Got the lift all back together last saturday afternoon took around 2 1/2 hrs

Had a peugeot boxer tipper on it yesterday  weighs around 2.5 ton so all good, got to change the steering rack on it, looks like peugeot grew the vehicle around the steering rack

My truck on it tomorrow

• Like 1