• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Try to keep this short but its in depth. Little over a year ago vp was going out so got one from DAP, fixed for 3-4 months. Then slight surging started, best way to describe  is like a trailer with half load of water. It only did it when cold, warm eng and never noticed it. Time goes by and its getting worse so send it back to DAP and they put a new board on top. Fixed, 3-4 months go by same thing again. Sent it in they test it say everything checks good, install and its getting worse. All this time it wont throw a code, its now completely dying for a split second when cold and still wont throw a code. I can set cruise control and Im pretty certain its not doing it or its just not noticeable. I have scanner pics of the vp rpm dropping from 2300 to zero and back up real radical. (Dont know how to load here could texted them if interested.) I have my Quadzilla hooked up and was curious if someway to monitor the vp and down load it. I have not replaced the apps because from what I know of the apps either works or it dont. Like a said the vp rpm spike up and down hard when it does it then it will run smooth of a litle bit then right back to surging. Im to the point of sending vp to another place to have checked because DAP says its fine. If its fine why did the new board fix it and right back to same old thing. Can this be a ECM thing? When installed the vp this last time I took a tooth pick and put very light dab of dielectric grease on each pin and also on ECM when I had it out to do push rod cover gasket. All pins look excellent, clean and bright. The quadzilla says ecm is a good 13.75 to 14.00 volts steady.