• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boise Trip

• Owner

Well, yesterday was a heck of a trip. So, @Honey Badger had some shopping to do and help her oldest son with his taxes. I also had a few items to pick up from the stores down there. The evening before we were talking about taking Minnie down but when I looked at the weather reports it said 50‰ chance of snow. We packed up that morning at 9:30 am and headed south. Everything doing good weather was sunny and warm, roads were clear and dry. Fast forward to the evening, we had dinner with Honey Badger's son, her father was there, and @Tatted Hemi and I were discussing web stuff. We left Boise at 8 pm and headed home. By the time I hit Weiser ID it was snowing (2,400 feet), I was thankful we took Beast. It was horrible. I plowed highways 3 to 9 inches deep. By the time I hit Midvale Grade my average speed was 45 MPH. Oh, it gets worse. Hit Council ID and Fort Hall Grade and I was down to 35 MPH chugging along in 4th gear. New Meadows ID last 20 miles I was down to 25 MPH and nearly see 2 truck length at times couldn't see the road edges. Made it home at 1:30 am and got to bed at 3 am and packed in our shopping kinds of stuff. This was so gnarly of a trip my left shoulder and hand are sore from Gorilla Grip on the wheel and fighting deep snow. Beast did extremely good, few times she would sidestep sideways pulling a bit too much power on hills.

We are tired and sore this morning be we made the trip safely and no issues.

• Like 3

• Owner
2 hours ago, Tatted Hemi said:

Glad to hear everyone made it back safe! Beast defiantly lives up to the name mobbing through snow like that. Id be willing to bet those tuning adjustments to beast we spoke about served the truck well all the way back up there!

Actually did really good but running CANBus tuning didn't take much get Beast side stepping in 4WD. Instate travel was impressive running 2,450 RPMs and floating 600°F. Engine load was about 22% on the flat. Mo bing through the snow power wasn't an issue it was just keeping a strong hold on the wheel keep Beast heading straight. Being I was running 3rd and 4th most of the way home MPGs are down plus the added drag of the 4WD and deep snow.