• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd new VP44 installed, sounds great, whiteish grey smoke and no boost indicated. No codes.

So I've ordered new air horn gaskets from Geno's, didn't have them when installing the new vp44...  I THINK I hear an air leak... would I get similar smoke if one of my inter-cooler boots was split?

Edited by Mopar1973Man
tried to get rid of failed videos

• Owner

Could of got a steal on a gasket set.

https://store.mopar1973man.com/mahle-ms12435-intake-manifold-gasket-set.html 

You guys need to check the store more.

Even got MAP sensor in stock.

Boost leak will not affect smoke. Injectors would be more of a cause. Possibly a crushed key or the key fell out during install of the VP44.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

we glued the key in because he lost the first one....  new injectors so that shouldn't be the problem, I mean can you install them wrong and the engine still run? it didn't smoke this much with the bad (new) vp44..... though I did NOT check the placement of the key, just verbalized that the arrow pointed towards the injector pump. The MAP shouldn't have gone bad... just because an injector pump was changed...besides no codes.

oh... just to re-state... I am showing NO boost.....  I will order a new MAP from the online store (yes it is a good price) It has been a few years since I replaced it so no sadness over ordering a new one.....  so if it isn't the MAP... still think its the key?

Edited by Tim Waldo
add context