• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New IAT, temp goes above 293, watch it drop on the code reader

• 5 months later...

SO... finally got my truck back at the first of August and though I no longer trust the shop, this is what I THINK happened.

VP44 died, was replaced... started throwing codes for the IAT almost immediately....

New VP44 was replaced as a failed rebuild, upgraded the VP44 and ordered injectors and tubes and a new IAT sensor

installed 2nd VP44 with new injectors and tubes, still through IAT codes and melted a 2nd IAT sensor

Sent to a shop.  They found cylinder 5 in some state of disrepair (this is where I loose trust in the shop)  I don't know if the cylinder had a hole in it or what.

(shop ordered the wrong long block first and installed it wondering why truck kept throwing a crank position code)

Shop corrected the long block issue and installed a 2nd new long block, with new injectors and then there was drama with break in oil (they put full synthetic in it for break in and post breakin) never got me the warranty paperwork and eventually I contacted the remanufacture shop, got specific directions on breakin oil and started that process over and ended my relationship with the shop.

Currently breakin with DINO oil is complete, and I have my truck back again (after $14k repair bill).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ouch. That was painful. At least its repaired and running good!

Yes painful to the extreme, the shop did not help matters ANY... Vette your shops if you are going to trust your truck with them.

• Thanks 1