• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thor - New project truck

• Owner

16905116365362728309277663469259.jpg

Well I made the trip down to Parma ID with Thor. All I can say is I'm not impressed at all for towing. This happens to be the slowest truck for towing my 2000 Jayco Eagle RV. EGTs are high even running flat ground it's 800 to 1000°F at 65 MPH. Climb any hill with cruise set at 60 MPH it would trip my pyrometer alert light.

Thor is a 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW, 6 speed transmission with a Valair Quiet Towing Dual Disc Clutch. 3.73 gears and 4WD. There are +50 HP DAP injectors.

Now ive got performance issue vs EGTs. Cold start its got a miss or rough idle till warmed up I'm suspecting that there is a cylinder with washed rings but not enough to bother the oil cap yet. Once warmed up it runs good.

I've got a extra AirDog 150 pump in the shop. I'm planning on installing it on Thor. Then I want to add a matching ISSPro Fuel Pressure gauge on a triple a pillar.

Down the list when funds become available I'm going to get a mm3 tuner. I know without a doubt the stock tune is really retarded in timing for smog reasons. I plan on making a excellent 3rd Gen work truck. I've got lots of ideas for interior mods and repairs.

• Like 1

• Owner

Yeah, I've got to get Thor in line performance-wise to keep up with Beast. This is absolutely shameful for me to be cruising around in Thor and it's barely able to do 50% of the speed and MPG that Beast can do. I want to look deeper into the morning misfire issues. Once it's warmed up just a little bit the misfire and white smoke stops completely. I'm thinking of getting a smaller bore scope so I can get into the cylinders on a Cummins and also picking up a compression gauge and dud injector so I can test the compression. Damn CR injectors and washing rings out I'm pretty sure. Maybe a bleed down of fuel or air issues maybe. Might even be a weak or failed lift pump. I'm just spit balling for now but when I get home I can really tear into it and really start to dig in.

I've got an extra cheap Chinese scope that's laying around. They work pretty good.

20230729_150319.jpg.d7a85c87a6deee196f11783732a51970.jpg

The app for it is in the play store. 5mm camera head with adjustable light and a photo capture button. I just took this picture with it.

Image_2023-07-2915_08_55_848.jpg.0a41ee4405473856885fad39324c4486.jpg

It has a micro USB end on it and a micro to USB adapter to hook to a computer. I used a micro to c adapter to hook to my phone and take that pic. If you want it let me know and I'll send it to you.