• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

#6 intake rocker cap/socket came out

Hello everyone,

gonna make this shirt and sweet and can update more after work. I did the overhead wrong I believe (first time doing it) and lost the valve bridge on said intake. The cap fell off as well and I’m having trouble getting the cap back into the plastic retainer, keeps going in a bit crooked and I’m weary of just tightening the adjuster and letting it go flush after startup… also believe the top of the push rod is bent slightly, whether this loose valve adjustment caused it or it was like that when I swapped the head this weekend, I’m not sure. Going to autozone and getting a new rod after work.

any input is greatly appreciated. This truck has me stressed as hell after fighting multiple issues over the weekend for 40 hours straight lol and she needs to get me across the country in 6 weeks.

• Owner

Remove the push rod and roll it on a piece of glass or flat steel table. If it wobbles when rolled it's bent. You can purchase a new rocker arm set from @dieselautopower which I've done for one of my clients that #1 exhaust did the same thing. I ordered just one rocker arm set and did valve lash on the single set and was done. 

• Like 1

Good to go, definitely getting a new push rod at the least. Any tips on getting that cup back in though? I don’t feel it’s actually damaged… I did read some other forums about people not running the retainer due to them just truly being used on the assembly line for installation (after they broke, not deliberately removing them). Talked to a buddy who had multiple plastic retainers break and his is fine. I just can’t get the cup to go in straight it seems.

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Remove the push rod and roll it on a piece of glass or flat steel table. If it wobbles when rolled it's bent. You can purchase a new rocker arm set from @dieselautopower which I've done for one of my clients that #1 exhaust did the same thing. I ordered just one rocker arm set and did valve lash on the single set and was done.