• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Erratic shifting

47re shifts in and out of all gears does not do it first thing in the morning when when everything gets all warmed up it will jump in between gears and 1-2 will be super late. Fresh rebuild with only 2000 miles on it. Replaced gov pressure sensor and transducer. Sometimes it will go away for a while if I do an apps reset but not always. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

• Owner

First off welcome to the family.

Then the next thing I'm going to suggest is to do the W-T ground wire mod. 

This should fix the erratic shift and whatnot. Make sure to remove any noise filters and any weird ground wires added they will not be needed. 

The only other thing to look at possibly replacing is the output speed sensor typically in the tail shaft of the transmission. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The PCM could check if the transmission sensor and the speed sensor in the rear axle are both pulsing and flag it if not. Obviously the PCM doesn't do that. When my sensor failed a few years ago I was stuck with only first gear. By removing the transmission relay in the PDC it goes into limp mode which just defaults to 3rd gear. Much better to drive home in 3rd instead of 1 st. When I was a kid I was playing around in snow and my rear wheels went from 100 mph to zero instantly on dry pavement. That shredded the nylon gear on the governor in the old GM th350 so I was stuck in 1st.