• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck shudders with performance chip

Hi Guys:For some time now my truck shudders with my QUAD XZT+ programmer. Someone told me this problem was fixed at the factory and that it was available in the download section of Quad's webpage which I did, but the problem is still there especially at lower speeds. Any ideas?Thanks,Arcwelder

Have you tried different tunes? When I had one, the comp tune would do it but the 2000 tunes wouldnt.

yeah I had alot of problems with the XZT+ or whatever. Maybe a diff tune would help. Else and Edge EZ or Diablo powerpuck seem better hate to say it. I sent it back and got an edge and never looked back I like their higher end products though :P

Ok... Try removing the box and the problem disappears right? Then that points to a issues with the phyiscal electronics of the box... (Most likely). Or maybe a bad connection somewhere?

Yes thats exactly right. I was told that it was a programming issue, but that it is resolvable when downloading new tunes which I have done, but the problem still exists. Perhaps I need to call Quadzilla to find out whats up.

Thanks Mike.

Arcwelder

--- Update to the previous post...

yeah I had alot of problems with the XZT+ or whatever. Maybe a diff tune would help. Else and Edge EZ or Diablo powerpuck seem better hate to say it. I sent it back and got an edge and never looked back

I was very close to purchasing the Power Puck also, but then decided on the Quadzilla. I'm not sure what tune I downloaded, but perhaps I'll try another to see if it still happens. The box works good when under load though. Its kinda strange. When I'm pulling our 29ft. travel trailer its fine, but when its just the truck it shudders.

Arcwelder

Yeah call quad - they were pretty good to deal with when I had my issues to be fair. What happens when you completely take the xzt+ off - shuddering stop ?? I would 1) take it off 2) put back on and make sure connections to MAP etc are good 3) try different tunes 4) call QUAD 5) get a http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/Adrenaline-Dodge-98-02 :) Can u fill out your truck specs/year/bombs etc ?

I have one of these things and it does the same thing. I called quad today and they told me to try a different tune. I think they have their head up their ___. I would throw it at them if I was close enough. I have tried all of the tunes. This thing shudders on every tune when towing up a hill. Besides that if you get any other tune than the 2000 you lose a lot of bottom end. That doesn't help me at all. I think these things are not made right for the 2001's. This is very common problem for the XZT.