• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brake Light?

Hey,I had a quick question. My brake light by my dash gauges has been coming on and off frequently since I have owned the truck. My seatbelt light will stay on sometimes also even if both are buckled up. Just those 2 lights. The previous owner said they came on and he never could figure out why. Neither can I. I have had no problems with my brake pads, lines, or fluid. Always full and new pads and light still comes on. I am starting to think it may not have anything to do with the brakes. Maybe electrical? wiring? etc? Does anybody have any wise input on this or ever experienced this? Thank you.

The seatbelt light on mine comes on and off. There is a sensor in the buckle that gets messed up, dirty. To see if it is the buckle, push the metal into the buckle and see if that turns it off. I think there was a recall on them a long time ago.

my seat belt ight comes on and off sometimes. started about 3 years ago. figured it was just the switch and have nevered worried about it. does not come on as much as it used too. there is another switch on your emergency brake. pull up on the pedal and see if it stops. it might not be returnig 100%.

• Owner

As for the :brake: light... Depends on what your seeing... If the light is flashing then the parking brake pedal is not returning. If its solid the sensor on the brake proportion valve is screwy. As for the :fsb: light... There is a plug on the drive side seat belt. Unplug the wiring and bridge across and see if the light goes out.