• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I took a day off work to day

What kind of splitter do you have? That is some beast sized cuts. Nothing that big down here on my land... Have 140 acres of small to medium sized oak trees... I built my own log splitter out of an i-bean and a bunch of 1/2" angle, 1/2" flat bar, and a hydraulic cylinder. Run it off my kubota tractor. Need to get a picture of the beast haha. I heat my whole house in the winter time with wood, love it. You cut a bunch??

(Man someone needs to sharpen their chainsaw... :lmao:) WHO? ME? I Have a Troy-bilt 27 ton splitter. I hate big stuff like this. This one was a medium size one. two years ago my uncle had a chery tree cut down 4.5FT IN diameter. took two and a half tanks of gas to cut off one log. had to split it right there because we could not move it to far. he has big stuff like this droped for us. they come in with a crane and do it saftly I need a bigger better saw or smaller trees. i hopeing for smaller trees but you get what you get for free.

• Owner

(Man someone needs to sharpen their chainsaw... :lmao:) WHO? ME? I Have a Troy-bilt 27 ton splitter.

I've also got a 20 ton splitter too... :rolleyes:post-2-138698172351_thumb.jpg (Yes the ATV got marked by the the dog "Diesel") But looking at your spiral cut thats a sign that one side of the chain is dull from hitting rocks or dirt. With my Sthl 046 I can run my 32" bar and cut a 36" round in just over 1 minute... I can buck a full cord of rounds in just about 1/2 tank of fuel in the saw... So if you needing huge amount of fuel to cut round either the saw is too small and/or the chain is dull...

[ But looking at your spiral cut thats a sign that one side of the chain is dull from hitting rocks or dirt. With my Sthl 046 I can run my 32" bar and cut a 36" round in just over 1 minute... I can buck a full cord of rounds in just about 1/2 tank of fuel in the saw... So if you needing huge amount of fuel to cut round either the saw is too small and/or the chain is dull...