• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cummins/Fleetguard Centriguard Centrifugal Bypass Oil Filter& Lube System Tutorial

• Staff

I am looking fwd to the info. I would like to know more about flow required, works on the B series, and optimal pressure. I am rarely above the 60 psi optimal from the brochure. I am 45-55 most of the time. Oh and price?I am quite happy with my Amsoil, but would still like to get more soot out (if its still there after the cam, haven't done a UOA yet).

• 1 month later...

Looks like some others are picking up on my idea of installing this bypass filter on our trucks. :thumb1:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/6-7l-engine-transmissions-2007-5/227434-fleetguard-centrifugal-separator-ch41102-anyone.html

--- Update to the previous post...

I forgot to add that my friend Ricky who is the parts manager at my John Deere dealer went to a new products convention in Houston, TX back in early November. Ricky got a chance to talk to the Fleetguard/Cummins rep. who helped him order one of these Centriguard filters for me.

Ricky sent it to me before Christmas and I just UPS'd off to a friend who is an EXCELLENT fabricator and has mind of designing stuff like this on our trucks. He thinks he may be able to fabricate a mount of some kind that will facilitate mounting this filter on our trucks.

I was taken a back at the HUGE size of this monster filter. NO WAY it is gonna be able to be mounted on the battery hold down bolt, plus it is heavier than I thought it would be. I estimate close to 10 lbs. It IS however VERY solid, well, and heavy duty built. This particular Centriguard filter uses the Cone Stack rotor design which is apparent best at soot removal.

I am really looking forward to see what my friend comes up with and getting these filters installed on our trucks.

The price of motor oil just keeps going higher and higher. If this filter can extend the drain intervals to double or more the miles driven or hours logged on the engine, it won't take long to pay for itself.

I'll keep you guys posted on how this project goes.

If any of you are interested in one of these filters, let me know and I can set up a discount deal with Ricky and you can call him direct and buy a filter. Let's find out if this chick is gonna hatch before we count it though. :smart:

i have been looking at getting a bypass system for my truck. i haven't liked the TP filters or the amsoil system. i have been looking at spinner II and fleetguard, but the oil pressure need to drive centrifuge had worried me. if cummins says that it will work on a ram's 5.9, then i might have found the system i want. will have to wait until i finish my current contract to have the funds.

• Staff

would the one requiring air need the same oil pressure? is the only benefit of the one needing air a smaller output hose? how much air are we talking about? i have a 7 gal air tank that could be mounted for a permanent reserve.

The air is used only for evacuation and the pressure needs to be 30 psi below 60 psi of oil and 50 psi above 60 psi of oil. I can't find the CFM requirement.

i have been looking at getting a bypass system for my truck. i haven't liked the TP filters or the amsoil system. i have been looking at spinner II and fleetguard, but the oil pressure need to drive centrifuge had worried me. if cummins says that it will work on a ram's 5.9, then i might have found the system i want. will have to wait until i finish my current contract to have the funds.

I ain't gonna argue with you, but the TP oil filters, and the TP bypass oil filter have been around since the 50's/early 60's. Amsoil system is based on technology. The TP filters are based on old school proven "technology"!!! What is it that you don't like about either on of them??? Hopefully it's not because they clean your oil too well!!!!!!!!!!!:smart::smart:

i understand what you are saying and agree. but both of those systems have some draw backs. i know you and others here have had good fortune with a verity of products and have nothing but good things to say. here is my take on it: TP filters are changed at a much higher frequency and requires "make up" oil. i have read how TP can remove water from the oil(advertised as a benefit). having TPed several houses in my youth, the idea of a TP mess in my engine scares me(brutal honesty). paper is not just paper. TP is meant to dissolve in your septic tank, pleated paper filters are made not to dissolve.:2cents:(although i SERIOUSLY considered buying a frantz setup). AMSOIL's has a solid system that is reasonably priced. amsoil's system uses spin on filters(i like that), although i am concerned with cost and hassle of shipping or finding one locally in a pinch. it seems some fleetguard centrifuges require filters. the spinner II doesn't. centrifuges filter smaller particles than paper filters. it seems to me that the best filtration could also have the lowest cost of ownership what are you opinions?

• 1 year later...