• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

??????????????????????????????:shrug: What did I miss here?

I wouldn't need to warm it up if it were plugged in but the stock heater doesn't work as good from what I can feel. It was warm after plugged in for 2 days, any less and it sure wasn't warm.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just picked up my truck from the dealer after having the 3/6 cylinder fast idle (thank you for the correction) enabled. They got me for 122 dollars. I am anxious to see it work! I'll test it w/ a resistor tonight or tomorrow when the engine cools down. I ordered the electrical plugs the other day (sorry prowelder, I plan on building myself); I'm thinking about concealing the switches in the ashtray. I haven't looked into the feasibility all that much, but I think I may be able to make a plate to fit in it and mount the switches there. Thanks to all the advice I am going to get a fuel pressure gauge instead of the idiot light. It's just a matter of saving the money at this point (had to buy the wife a new stove this weekend, guess I'll start over w/ the saving).As an aside, I found a key fob in the glove box after I bought the truck. I replaced the batteries and couldn't get the thing to unlock or lock the doors. So, while the truck was at the dealer today I asked them to see if they could program it while they had the DRBIII connected. They told me the fob was good but the CTM would not take the code. They didn't charge me an extra, but they said that most likely the CTM would need to be replaced. What are your thoughts on this?? One last thing, from the TSB:Both features will automatically disable when one of the following occurs: 1. The Automatic Transmission is placed in gear (forward or reverse) or, 2. The Service Brake pedal is depressed or, 3. Throttle position is greater than 0% or, 4. Vehicle Speed is greater than 0 mph or, 5. Coolant Temperature is greater than 79°C (175°F). Is the service brake pedal what I would call the parking brake? My truck is a manual transmission and I always set the parking brake when idling. Does this mean I cannot use the parking break when using the fast idle or does this only apply to automatics?Thanks for all the advice and help.