• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Delayed Gratification!

flagmanruss

• Owner

Well it snowed a full 1 inch tonight and the temps made it to 36*F and then started to go down again... so when I took Mom's 96 out for a charge up run down the pavement it was black ice and slick... WeeHaw! Just could get that auotmatic to hold the ground as it shifted gears... Bam! And skippin' sideways... :lmao: Then nearly got stuck on the driveway in 4WD and going sideways again... :lmao2:

I can do without black ice big time! A couple of years ago, I was in the neighboring town... Voluntown Ct. Headed home I just eased into the fuel (stock truck, remember) & next thing had the whole d*mn truck side ways of the State Route 138... at about 35 or 40. When yer skiddin' sideways like that it always seems like a speed factor of 2! (ie: 70-80) Fortunatedly there was a wide Y in the road at that point, I had space so I turned into it & brought everything to a stop. Almost as much fun as putting my boss's S10 on a guard rail in the rain. I was running parts shuttle between his 2 shops. Down on Rte 1 in Mystic, Ct, the guy in front of the guy in front jacks up to let traffic pass so he could make a left turn. I could not see the turn signal (if any) because of the larger vehicle in between. I got on the brakes but didn't have enough room. There was opposing traffic (why the first guy was waiting) so I could not go left. If I stayed in lane, I'd hit the vehicle in front. I went to the right, looking for some more space... that S10 went sideways... when I ran out of ground, it slid up on the buried end of the guard rail. There the truck sat like a See-Saw, when the boss's brother drove by. The cops came. In due course, the bitchy little S10 was winched back on the ground. When I get back, my supervisor says "I was going to warn you about the brakes locking!" No people were hurt. They paid me back for the tow truck... truck wasn't hurt. I just needed new shorts.