• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why are aftermarket cab lights so difficult to find?

I mean, they're everywhere (ebay, amazon, etc.) but 99.999% of the ones out there, like Recon, are for 03-08 body style.Is the roofline/curvature that different between the two body styles?And anyone know of a template out there for 2gen trucks? Anyone here installed their own cab lights on a non-oem cab light truck?

I put some recons on my 03 2500 and my 98 2500. The 2nd gen trucks have holes on the inside of the roof for the wires. I used a 1&1/8 inch hole saw and went straight up from the inside whit the headliner out. I measured the truck in the junkyard I pulled the lights from to get the angles right. I have done my 2 trucks and another buddies 98 truck. The 2nd gen trucks are alot easier than the the newer trucks because of the holes stamped in the roof. I believe the roof lines are close to each other because if you order cab lights from the dealer for a 3rd gen truck, they will order 2ng gen lights. The only difference I can tell is the screw holes are on the sides of the 2nd gen lights and front and back on the 3rd gen lights.

I got mine at NAPA for about $6 each if I remember right (been a few years ago). On the underside of the roof there are stampings of where the factory lights would go. Pull the headliner and you will find them. Then run the wire down the A pillar to the headlight switch. It really isn't hard to do.

Thanks, guys. I'll have to look into that. I've found some Recons for $60, but I'll also check out NAPA.

I'll have to drop the headliner to see this stamping, or search the interwebz to see if I can find a pic..

:)

--- Update to the previous post...

Direct replacement OE-style LED cab lights. $44.

http://onestoptruckshop.com/ONLineOrdering/PacerLEDbrakeLight.htm

At one time I thought about putting marking lights on the roof. There are many third party vendors. I noticed that some are using LED s rather than the traditional bulb. I do remember someone posting a write up with a printable template for the roof marking lights. I don't recall the site but try a Google of forum search.

i have aftermarket lights on mine (they were there when i bought the truck) but it looks like that is exactly how mine where located and the wiring is ran down the a-pillar to fuse 5 inside the cab. i dont really care for them but if i remove them now i will have to weld up the holes :banghead: