• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

have not added anything. been driving it for awhile now and have not have any issues since i reset the APPS. Thanks everyone for your help:thumb1:. Is there anyway you can service the torque converter, i mean to change the fluid from it? I would like to have fresh fluid thoughout.

have not added anything. been driving it for awhile now and have not have any issues since i reset the APPS. Thanks everyone for your help:thumb1:. Is there anyway you can service the torque converter, i mean to change the fluid from it? I would like to have fresh fluid thoughout.

I use an air hose and blow back through the front tranny cooler ine into the TC and it gets about an extra 1-2 quarts out of the tc itself. Just pressure it up a little bit and hold pressure on it as it has to push it back through the pump so its kind of a slow process and I also blow through the cooler lines to get as much of that oil out as possible. total it probably gets about 3 quarts more changed than just draining and refilling. No these lockup converters do not have drain plugs like the older nonlockup tranny converters had.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i pulled the pan finally today and looked to be pretty clean. Trans has 50,000 on it. When i adjusted the band with the clicker it seemed to take quite a bit to get to 72 in lbs, then back off. It took 7 qts. to fill back up to full, just pulled pan. Now the shift seems to be soft, not as direct as before, all shifts. Should of left well enough alone:duh: and not adust them so soon and waited til 75,000.

When doing torques that small its always best to use a dial type torque wrench, when a click type wrench snaps at those small of increments it usually messes up the adjustment when it snaps or clicks over. But the band ajustment isn't that overly precision to notice. Biggest thing is to make sure when backing it off and then tightening the locknut that the stud doesn't turn with it.