• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CA-40 fuel additive

Might have potential. Doesn't have anything bad in it. I don't know anything about calcium stuff but if it is all it is cracked up to be then it might be some good stuff. I can't believe how many dealers there are for it.

• Owner

Well it seem ok on the top but i'm not liking the Castor oil, sulfated, sodium salt this might cause problems with rusting inside the fuel system if there is any water present it will enhance the rusting.

Another one built the same was is SeaFoam it also Castor oil but mixed with alcohol. :rolleyes:

As for there lubricity test its non-standard and meaningless I think they did it that way because it was the only way to get a increase... Now do a standard HFRR test and see how it ranks with standard 520 HFRR diesel.

• 1 month later...

Do you really think the castor oil is a proublem?It is considered to be a very good 2cycle oil.I use it in all of my high compression engines.It will not cause rusting.I heard that sea~foam has alcohol but they call it something else?Is this CA-40 for diesel engines or gassers?

• Owner

Do you really think the castor oil is a proublem? It is considered to be a very good 2cycle oil. I use it in all of my high compression engines. It will not cause rusting. I heard that sea~foam has alcohol but they call it something else? Is this CA-40 for diesel engines or gassers?

Not the caster oil is the salt and the alcohol...:nono:

There was a Huge push for that stuff around here a few years ago. Every shop store gas station ect fell for it and it was a very short lived fad as it did not live up to expectations and stated benefits. A lot of places still carry it but I know of nobody who uses it and nobody pushes it. Its just there with all the other snake oils on the shelf now.

• 1 month later...