• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pic's of Bumpers

jlwelding

• Owner

Man... :drool: I wish... I've seen so many winch sales go by but my hang up is the bumper I don't have a winch bumper. Everytime I've gone out to get a price it like out of this world... $900 to $1,500 for a bumper... Just way to steep for me... I was planing with a friend to build my own and we had a rough idea in metal alone it was like $300 bucks... But that would of been a bare basic bumper with cut square corners...

I saw a new Dodge commercial last week. It was a generic type commercial for the gassers and the Cummins Dodges. However, I saw a winch hitch inside the grill on one of the trucks. Is that an option on the Dodges now??? Ain't no way you could "shoehorn" one in on my truck where they had this one at in the commercial!!! :doh:

The only thing about winches you need to remember it needs to pull straight with the frame. In other words you mount it high or above the frame it will bend the frame if it has enough power. I have repaired two trucks that did that. LOL One tryed to pull a post out of the ground, layed it right over. Yea send me some pics, the only thing is the first one always takes longest.The bumper with the pipe can be built in about 8 hours plus material. 850.00 I use sch 80 for the pipe. My son had a car pull out in front of him 2 weeks after building this bumper, it totaled out the car at 45 mph. Put a nick in his tire and scratched the paint on his bumper.

The hooks you are talking about, like what's on my ugly bumper? Those came off a Chevy 3/4 ton. They come stock mounted to the frame. I just cut holes in the pipe and welded them in. What I need to tell you is they (hooks) are cast steel, it takes a special process to weld cast steel to steel and not have it break. Some people may say oh just weld it with a 7018. Yea it might hold and it might not. When your truck is about to slide off a 200ft cliff do you want might hold or lift it out with a crane hold.:cool:Send pic of Baja bar that you want and I will start looking around for pipe so we dont have to buy new. And give me a lot of time I am booked solid right now. About 8 weeks.I dont know what shipping is but my zip is 78621.

The time is no problem since i don't go back to work until the Th of Jan. Would you mind figuring a rough estimate in cost and i would like the bumper to look something similar to this just with diamond plate, as far as the hooks this bumper in the pic just has some tabs to attach some d-hooks to if the would be easier I'm not terribly particular. thank you sir.

post-10316-138698175022_thumb.jpg

excuse the poor editing but i think maybe this will help. but all diamond plate with no pipe other than the baja bar but i do like the compound angles! thank you sir. i found a couple more pics of a different bumper that i think is what im trying to describe less the two push bars in the front.

post-10316-138698175049_thumb.jpg

post-10316-138698175055_thumb.jpg

post-10316-138698175061_thumb.jpg