• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New fuel system parts

Better not forget to send in that warranty card in the first picture or FASS wil not honor the warranty.I fell into that trap with them on one but after a long arguement with fass, the company I purchased it through got involved and fass decided to warranty it but the new one came with no warranty. Luckily it has been trouble free.I forgot to send back the warranty card and when I found it months later in a pile it was too late for me.:mad:I will never buy another product from fass again after finding out how they do business. My business goes to his sons company, Airdog.

Better not forget to send in that warranty card in the first picture or FASS wil not honor the warranty. I fell into that trap with them on one but after a long arguement with fass, the company I purchased it through got involved and fass decided to warranty it but the new one came with no warranty. Luckily it has been trouble free. I forgot to send back the warranty card and when I found it months later in a pile it was too late for me.:mad: I will never buy another product from fass again after finding out how they do business. My business goes to his sons company, Airdog.

I've already got it filled out, just gotta find an envelope and a stamp. More people recommended the FASS to me than the AD, so that's why I spent the extra $50 and went with them. :shrug:

They are father / son companies. Fass was the original that the father started and then he drug his son through the mud, its a long story but the son developed his own company with his own design and became Airdog which in my opinion has a better product and a better man behind the company.

• Like 2

• Owner

They are father / son companies. Fass was the original that the father started and then he drug his son through the mud, its a long story but the son developed his own company with his own design and became Airdog which in my opinion has a better product and a better man behind the company.

:smart: Yeap Wild & Free is right about the history of the Father / Son relationship... The other thing to look at is pure size of the equipment which is the other key feature... post-2-138698175077_thumb.jpg Both have the same performance as far as fuel pumps but the AD is a MUCH smaller package compared to the FASS...

Ronman, I presume you went this route (FASS pump, big hose kit, Cat fuel filter) to save a few $$$, figuring the fuel/air separation feature of the FASS/AirDog systems wasn't worth the premium?The CAT filter head pictured shows 6 ports - what are the two smaller ports for, the ones closest to the mounting flange?Are you planning on mounting the fuel pump directly to the frame rail or will you use rubber isolators for sound isolation?Of the two systems (FASS, AD), which is the quietest?Thanks for your time,Joe in St Louis

Ronman, I presume you went this route (FASS pump, big hose kit, Cat fuel filter) to save a few $$$, figuring the fuel/air separation feature of the FASS/AirDog systems wasn't worth the premium? The CAT filter head pictured shows 6 ports - what are the two smaller ports for, the ones closest to the mounting flange? Are you planning on mounting the fuel pump directly to the frame rail or will you use rubber isolators for sound isolation? Of the two systems (FASS, AD), which is the quietest? Thanks for your time, Joe in St Louis

• 2 weeks later...

FASS is in!

I didn't put the filter in because I never bothered to check the size of the fuel line, and believed the guys I bought the pump from when they said it'd come with 1/2" line. So, tonight when we started checking everything out, we noticed that the fuel line was only 3/8" and therefore wouldn't fit my filter head's 1/2" barbs. :doh:

Oh well, I'm gonna do some research and see if it's possible find some 90s so we can mount it on its side, which may or may not work.

I left all the stock stuff in place so if something happens it's just a quick changeover and I can be back on the road. I'm gonna order a set of brushes for the FASS to keep in the glovebox on the suggestion of a 3rd-gen friend with a full FASS system on his truck.

Biggest thing I ran into: THIS THING IS SO QUIET!

I was expecting it to scream its head off. I'm guessing mounting to the bed itself causes some resonance or something, because with it mounted to the crossover with a rubber isolator, it's every bit as quiet as the stocker was with the hood closed. Also, that freaking bed is HEAVY. I had 4 helpers (so 5 total, with me at the back center) and it was still a huge pain in the ___.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image