• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got mine fixed today. Started thinking when this all started and it was this last winter, what did I do this winter, hmmmm, put a high idle box in the truck, ding ding ding ding. I unhooked it this morning and it went right up to 188 and floated between 188-194 like its supposed to. I guess it never was running low it just read like it was so now maybe I can recoop some of my lost mileage. Thanks Winslow:doh:Just playing bud, I will hook it back up when it gets cold outside again.:thumb1:

It was +7*F this morning. Didn't plug it in last night, because it keeps (since recently) tripping the GFI circuit in the garage.. Was a little tuff to start, but she fired up. about 30 secs later, high idle engaged. 10-15sec after that, 3cyl engaged; that's the first time I've heard it trigger on it's own! :ahhh: I left it idle for about 10-15min in the driveway. Came out to leave, and the temp needle was still buried on 140 (cold). Oh yeah, I failed to turn off the heater blower when I started the truck.

something is not right here, i have started my truck up when it was 4F out and had high idle fire right up and she was hitting 170 withing 8 mins, and then kicks down to idle when she hit 175F

Got mine fixed today. Started thinking when this all started and it was this last winter, what did I do this winter, hmmmm, put a high idle box in the truck, ding ding ding ding. I unhooked it this morning and it went right up to 188 and floated between 188-194 like its supposed to. I guess it never was running low it just read like it was so now maybe I can recoop some of my lost mileage. Thanks Winslow:doh: Just playing bud, I will hook it back up when it gets cold outside again.:thumb1:

sounds like the connectors are adding resistance somewhere, glad i soddered mine in!

• Owner

Got mine fixed today. Started thinking when this all started and it was this last winter, what did I do this winter, hmmmm, put a high idle box in the truck, ding ding ding ding. I unhooked it this morning and it went right up to 188 and floated between 188-194 like its supposed to. I guess it never was running low it just read like it was so now maybe I can recoop some of my lost mileage. Thanks Winslow:doh: Just playing bud, I will hook it back up when it gets cold outside again.:thumb1:

Might go and do the diagnostic on the box...:smart:http://articles.mopar1973man.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53:high-idle-mod-diagnostic&catid=26&Itemid=107
  • Like 1