• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ive been having this problem for months now with my '99 Dodge . It comes and goes, but what happens is all my gauges quit working, "Nobus" shows in the odometer, the truck quits charging, it shifts funny. Me and my buddy have been all thru this truck, all the grounds are good, I checked the plug in the fuse box thats under the hood, and I checked the ignition switch. The code I get from the OBD is P1698 and if I do the Actuator test for the insturment cluster I get codes 920 and 921. (when this truck was at another garage they had the pcm off and opend the back of it) Anyway im positive its the pcm thats bad, and im going to order a new one monday unless someone here thinks im wrong, so any one have any other opionions?

Ive been having this problem for months now with my '99 Dodge . It comes and goes, but what happens is all my gauges quit working, "Nobus" shows in the odometer, the truck quits charging, it shifts funny. Me and my buddy have been all thru this truck, all the grounds are good, I checked the plug in the fuse box thats under the hood, and I checked the ignition switch. The code I get from the OBD is P1698 and if I do the Actuator test for the insturment cluster I get codes 920 and 921. (when this truck was at another garage they had the pcm off and opend the back of it) Anyway im positive its the pcm thats bad, and im going to order a new one monday unless someone here thinks im wrong, so any one have any other opionions?

did you pull the plug completely off and then put it back on? just thinking you could have some corrosion or debris in there causing your intermittent issue. I'm not sure if the pcm has a plug going into it but you could check that as well.

No Bus on the odometer is refering to the CCD Network bus to the gauge cluster...

Yea I figured that out, took me a while tho lol!!! But if you do the "acuator test" for the insturment cluster when the nobus is off everything works fine. When you do the acuator test when the no bus is on it pulls up codes 920 and 921 and both of them refer to the pcm. 920 says "The cluster is not receiving a vehicle speed message from the PCM" and 921 says "The cluster is not receiving a distance pulse message from the PCM" and both say "Check the PCM software level and reflash if required". I figured the pcm is messed up because the idiots at the one garage took the back off and poked the stuff inside, its a sealed computer unit, I have no idea why they did that... But instead of trying to have it reflashed and it not working ,cuz they broke a wire or something, I was just going to get pcm.

Have you ever done the "acuator test"?