• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuse Block Fuse Panel

Currently have about 5 accessories tapped into fuses on side panel drivers side. Worried about overloading circuit and becoming a bit messy Assuming I can clean this up using a fuse panel like this for accessories ? But how best to RIG up to ensure on own circuit and not overloading another circuit (eg power ) http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-15600-06-20-Quick-Connect/dp/B001BXKLNQ/ref=pd_ts_auto_13?ie=UTF8&s=automotive http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d136.html Any better ones that handle more AMPS and how do you supply power/ground to man circuit - direct from battery using a higher gauge wire ? thx

What do you have tapped into it? The panel on the side of the dash on the drivers side has tiny wires going to it. Why do you think the headlights on stock trucks don't work as good as they should. If you are wanting some kind of separate fuse block, then yes go straight to the battery as any other place will be too small. The only other place with a decent sized wire is the alternator connection. There is also the problem with having 500 wires all over the battery terminals which can be fixed easily. I would like to know what kind of load you have first.

post-10496-138698175521_thumb.jpgLike these? I have mine nounted under the steering column. post-10496-138698175527_thumb.jpg It is a 6 fuse panel, 2 are continous power, 2 are ignition power, and 2 are headlight dimmer powered. This is a mini fuse holder, like the ones used on the inside fuse panel. And, please excuse the wiring, I haven't had a chance to make it 'look pretty' per ISX.

• Owner

I've got a terminal block under the steering column that is all fused... 1. Battery +12V2. Switched +12V (Relay controlled)3. 4. Battery Ground So yes I got a single wire tapping a fuse but its to control the relay for terimnal #2 As for number 3 I was thinking of using it for panel illumination but never did...

There is also the problem with having 500 wires all over the battery terminals which can be fixed easily.

I would like to know what kind of load you have first.

Currently have

* Tranny AUX Cooler

* QUAD

* Methanol Pump

* Background Lights/Power to Gauges

** Maybe a 5th

--- Update to the previous post...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2507[/ATTACH]

Like these?

I have mine nounted under the steering column.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2508[/ATTACH]

It is a 6 fuse panel, 2 are continous power, 2 are ignition power, and 2 are headlight dimmer powered. This is a mini fuse holder, like the ones used on the inside fuse panel.

Pretty much exactly.

So do you just take a thick gauge wire (12 ?) from battery to the panel ?? And that powers all 6

And then just 1 common ground also ??

And then just take your accessories of each terminal ???

If so ...... how to size appropriately ......... and how do you have some

"switched"

"continuous"

"headlight dimmer powered"

etc

On these I use 16 gauge wire for all. 2 are contious power: IAT fooler(which I need to change to IGN powered) and 3-in-1 Gauge. 2 are ignition power: Power for gauges and propane switch 2 are headlight dimmer switch: Gauge lights. I made 3 Y connectors for power. This way there isn't much power being pulled off of one wire. As these don't use much power and I ran them off the inside fuse panel. post-10496-138698175534_thumb.jpg As you can see here by the minimal wires used. Each wire runs 2 of the 6 fuses in the block. The mini add-a-fuse is the one powering the dimmers on the gauges(look for the 5 amp fuse). I found these with a test light and a little time. These use 1/4" spade terminals to pull power from the panel. Also, you can see the large black shrink wrapped wiring to the left side of the panel, these are for my gauges. On the grounds, I just went with the closest original body ground. No extra long wire to run. On the wiring, I used the closest sized wire I had, most was 18 gauge wire. The power wires were 16g I think from the inside fuse panel. post-10496-138698175541_thumb.jpg Most of my wiring goes behind these switches. As you can see the red wire behind the blue switch. However, that blue toggle switch is gone and replaced with a blue LED toggle now.