• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Won't shift out of 1st gear???? Help!!!

Just yesterday my truck stopped shifting out of first gear. It hold first as long as I'm accelerating but when I let off a little bit it sometimes shifts into second and then from there it's fine but when I come to a complete stop again same thing all over again. I'm new to this forum so I will fill out my sig right now.

Need to know what I am dealing with here. What year is it? Vehicle description and any add on mods stock tranny or aftermarket parts in it like VB or Converter or anything else. How many miles on it, when was last service oil filter change band adjustment?

• 4 weeks later...

Travis;What have you found out on your trans issues?Mine is kind of doing the same thing, will not shift out of 1st with throttle on, but if I let up on the pedal or just drive easy she will shift to 2 nd and so on fine.The truck has 120K on it, trans has been serviced, no mods. Anybody have an idea to help??I was thinking a shift solenoid but????Thx Randy