• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vibration on Cirrus...

The vibration does not seem to be speed sensitive, no resonance. Doesn't seem to link to engine speed. Vibrates steering wheel, GPS. It's been going on for some time. Persistant... all the time. This has been making me crazy. Seemed like it ought to be simple enough... I've been working on this on & off for several months... meanwhile, I've put maybe 5000 on the car... just rolled 100,000.I had all tires rebalanced... twice. Nothing found. Problem remained. I wondered about CV joints... shop sold me new drive shafts... Vibration remains.The car needed brakes... I put all new disks, pads, drums & shoes... stops good. Still vibrates.I notice the steering wheel is now canted to the right when going straight. Shop could not find anything loose on front end, recommended an alignment (which I have not gotten to yet).I am noticing a noise with the vibration... Noise when going straight, Noise when taking gentle right off ramp. Less/no noise when taking gentle Left off ramp. I'm thinking about maybe a wheel bearing? My thought is the load changes pressure on the bearings as it corners. Should I be looking at anything else?Russ

I am noticing a noise with the vibration... Noise when going straight, Noise when taking gentle right off ramp.Russ

That's just what my car did when it had a bad wheel bearing. I didn't notice vibration so much as the noise which was audible only while going straight and curving to one side.

I have a good jack... I can try checking it. If it is the bearing, I'll probably have to get help. If we figure out the problem, maybe I can actually get it fixed. Maybe it had to get bad enough to hear the noise. Worthless manditory inspections... it passed!!