• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Additives in the 6.7 engine

scubieman

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 6.7 cummins. Anybody recommend additives to protect engine and injectors.I heard sea foam, 2 cycle oil, diesel kleen. EVERYONE has something bad to say about it. I just rather spend more now to have less to do later in repairs.:ahhh:

• Owner

JohnFak is right... No to the additives... But it would be a better idea to used good quality filters to protect you fuel system. Ask AH64ID about the filter list and he'll get you going in the right direction. But if you want to keep them clean hitch up a heavy trailer and go drag it up hill and get the pyrometer up nice and hot for several miles. Carbon burns off at roughly 1,000*F... Hence injectors cleaned...

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies. I currently use a Fleetguard FS43258 fuel filter(5 Micro at 98.7 efficient). And I will be useing a Baldwin BT7349 Oil Filters for filters. I wont mind getting a filter bypass to get it down to 2 Micro with both oil and fuel filters but I don't have money right now. :doh: I guess it takes money to buy the truck in the first place.

• Staff

All 3 friends on mine with 6.7's run the XDP additive, which I think (personal speculation) is a Racor additive. If I had a 6.7 I would use the Amsoil additive, just like in my 5.9. Nothing wrong with the proper additives, but sea foam and 2 stroke are not proper for your 6.7.

Well I guess next question. How do you lube turbo, lube fuel pump ETC. or just get it out and runner? Any other basic maint for stock engine ? Besides change oil , fuel filter ETC. I am new so please point me to the right forum if answered about 400 times already:moon:. Just trying to learn what I can:smart:.

Thank you. I need to get a different fuel and oil filter. I heard of exhaust brake and do use it since it works fairly good actually. I won't mind doing the deletes but heard that running it hard like a diesel is suppose to be ran it will have no issues.

• 1 year later...