• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

To Many Miles to party?

I have 330,000 on a stock ctd. At this milage I am reluctant to do mods as my brother who was a diesel mechanic in the Navy said any thing over 300,000 miles would be like doing a top end and not touching the bottom. At your milage doing mods would be good since like others have stated it is not even broke in yet.

• Owner

I have 330,000 on a stock ctd.

Shoot anything under about 500-700 thousand miles is safe to mod... You got to have a chat with CaJFlynn with his 2001 Dodge Cummins and past the 900K mark and going for the 1 MIL!!! :woot: Mild mods are fine as long as you treat the truck right... But if you go out to thrash on it daily of course it will fail soon...

I heard a lot of people say that about my truck when the head gasket blew at 500k miles. I changed the gasket anyway and it worked out for me. I now have over 900k miles and I am looking at a new turbo. I am more concerned about my transmission handling it than the motor.

• Like 1

Well right now I've got 230k and I'm not worried one bit about adding performance parts. I take good care of my truck and treat it right. But when I want to play, I do!!:thumbup2:Planning to add twins down the road along with a possible p-pump. I'll leave the internals along expect with valve springs, head studs, pushrods, and cam!:thumbup2: