• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AD 150 install... MISTAKE

I stopped in for visitation with my truck & the mechanic took me in the back & showed me the progress to date. I liked the look of the pickup tube he fabbed & installed in the tank filter basket. I left very happy.Then I was reading on CDF... and I saw a thread asking "Why the a through the basket pickup could NOT be used with a fill pipe return Y?" I hadn't thought much about it, but this is exactly as my install was shaping up. The answer sent me scurrying to the Diesel shop this morning. You can run a pickup outside the filter basket & return through the fill hose. Or You can pickup IN the filter basket & return IN the filter basket. But the basket itself is designed for the OEM pump capacity. Once the tank level falls below the top of the filter basket... drawing 150 GPH out of the filter basket, the strainer will not keep up, the basket can be pumped down so it draws air! Essencially Out of Fuel at what, 1/4 tank? Now I have heard of mis-measured pickup tubes... I had not heard of this before last night. This IS a mistake... I would not have thought twice about this. I don't know how far they got after I left yesterday. I hope I got to them before the tank went back in.AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Well, for better or for worse my mechanic chose to put it in the module. I can see it, easy to work on, once it's out. But it has to be either / or, not mismatched!! The instructions do not tell you about the conflict, they just say buy DS kit A or DS kit B... I'm already regretting not buying one premade. I just hope he'd not gotten too far beyond it before I was able to get down there.