• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Timken bearings are decent. Rockauto, as Mike said, has best internet prices. Napa will have it for around $100 more I believe. Do you have ABS? If so, might as well get the ones that have the sensor included, costs more up front, but will save in long run if sensor goes bad down the road.

Not sure how much you are looking to spend or if you have any extra :spend: right now but you should consider the free spinning hub conversion. Here is one kit, but I think there are others out there. http://spyntec.com/category/dodge-00-02-spyntec-hub-conversion-kit/

Them are nice but will not work on my dually.A wile back i looked into them but i need some kind of adaptor.

One of the places i called told me i need a special dually adaptor,they didnt sell it and refered me to another store for it.May be i should check again.

If I remember correctly it has to do with the size of the lockout that the kit has with it that determines if the stock adapter will work or not. At the most if you choose to go this route you may have to have a minor bit of material removed from the inside of the dually adapter to clear the hub.

Took a snoop over at RockAuto.com and for $100 to $200 for front bearing...

Thats where I got my bearings. Best price I could find, pretty fast shipping, and I have never had a problem with Timkin bearings. I would have liked to put the free spinning hubs on but couldn't afford it. Just my :2cents:

Does anyone know of a good trick to get the drivers side front 4wd axle shaft back in the diff. housing? Mine came off and doesn't wanna go back in. Or is it one of those things where you just have to play with it till it goes in?

Not implying you would try it, but DON'T hit the end of the axle with a hammer to get it to go in. :nono: I was out wheelin' one day and someone was changing an axle in the woods and thats how they decided it was best to put it in. One of those things to laugh at and walk away. :lmao:

Not implying you would try it, but DON'T hit the end of the axle with a hammer to get it to go in. :nono: I was out wheelin' one day and someone was changing an axle in the woods and thats how they decided it was best to put it in. One of those things to laugh at and walk away. :lmao:

I agree -- that's pretty funny. I think I got the shaft in. The spacer that goes up against the bearing seems to in place. The shaft also seems to rotate freely and not bind up on anything so hopefully everything is how and where it's supposed to be.

I agree -- that's pretty funny. I think I got the shaft in. The spacer that goes up against the bearing seems to in place. The shaft also seems to rotate freely and not bind up on anything so hopefully everything is how and where it's supposed to be.

I had the same thing happen, and was a little worried at first, but she slid back in there and everything's been working fine for over a year. You should be okay.

Timken bearings are decent. Rockauto, as Mike said, has best internet prices. Napa will have it for around $100 more I believe. Do you have ABS? If so, might as well get the ones that have the sensor included, costs more up front, but will save in long run if sensor goes bad down the road.

My buddy that works at napa got me the one that originally cost $250 or $260, somewhere around there. He got em' to me for $180. I originally wanted to go with Timken bearings, cuz that's what we usually carry at work but no one in town had em'. I needed to get this thing running and went with the napa ones. Hopefully they are good ones and last me some time. Those free spinning ones are real nice too, but just can't afford it... It would be nice to have though.

My buddy that works at napa got me the one that originally cost $250 or $260, somewhere around there. He got em' to me for $180. I originally wanted to go with Timken bearings, cuz that's what we usually carry at work but no one in town had em'. I needed to get this thing running and went with the napa ones. Hopefully they are good ones and last me some time. Those free spinning ones are real nice too, but just can't afford it... It would be nice to have though.

My NAPA was a Timken, if I remember correctly. I know I asked, and remember seeing it on the bearing, so you should be good to go. Even with my military discount, I didn't beat $180 from Napa. Nice to save a few bucks.

I got everything bolted down and just finished test driving the truck. It drives fine and everything except my abs and brake light are still on. I turned the ignition on 3 times and got the same code as before P0500. I feel like torching the ****ing thing! What do I do now?

I got everything bolted down and just finished test driving the truck. It drives fine and everything except my abs and brake light are still on. I turned the ignition on 3 times and got the same code as before P0500. I feel like torching the ****ing thing! What do I do now?

Thats a VSS code, not ABS. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2583-P0500-No-Vehicle-Speed-Sensor-Signal. Not sure why you would get that code with the ABS light and brake light. Double check the ABS sensor wires for damage and make sure thwy are plugged in. I've been guilty of that one before. :doh:

Could be a pinched wire by the sensor. Did you replace the sensor with the bearing, or remove the old one and reinstall? If removed old and reinstalled, could be wire got damaged and shorting out from the removal process. If all is well, have Midas check with their snapon ABS scanner, maybe they'll even reset it for you. I know most inexpensive scanners won't do ABS codes.