Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

5 OBDII Error Codes! Won't start. Thoughts?

Install is not difficult at all. Mike has a good article on replacement http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/126-bosch-vp44-injection-pump-replacement. Blue Chip Diesel has one also http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/vp44_install.html. They are both good articles and will walk you right thru it.

can anyone tyell me where the part number for the 00 cummins injector pump is located Thanks.

Most of the trucks here are running 18 to 20 psi while cruising and 15 to 16 psi at WOT. Depending on what type of LP you have, it would be wise to adjust it upwards. The check valve in the VP opens up at 14.5 psi. This helps the pump to stay cool. When you are running pressures below that, you are slowly killing the pump.

I would think it would be on the pump somewhere, not sure where though. Never had any cause to need it.

when I go back with the bolts don't I need to put something on the threads of the bolts that hold down the horn and the throttle bracket also the injector lines and if so what is best ??? thx

- - - Updated - - -

how do I turn up my lp its in tank and id love to know its pushing 13-15 at filter and banjo bolt at inj pump

I dont use anything on mine and they are always tight when I take them loose again. You could use loctite on them, but I have not found it to be necessary. As far as the in tank pump, you cant turn it up but you can throw it away. The best option is to replace it with something more reliable and if you dont have a FP gauge, get one. The sooner the better.