• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The uppers are factory and shot.The lowers are rusty and i dont want to rebuild them,they seem to short.It looks as if the tire is to the rear of the fender.If you want when i replace them i will sell em to you.

They can't be too short. If they were you wouldn't be able to drive it because the caster would be so far off you wouldn't be able to keep it on the road not to mention the fact that it would change the angle of the drive line among other issues. Just a few milimeters of adjustment the caster adjustment cam bolt gives will change the way it handles and steers a lot so you can imagine what would happen if there was a visible difference in them.:rolleyes:

most get 1 inch longer arms with a lifted truck.I will have to measure to see if these are longer.It has been over 5 years so i cant remember if they are.It was a skyjacker 2.5 lift with springs.To me it looks like the tire is off.My track bar is shot as well.If i take a plumb bob the front end is shifted or so it seems.I want to check it from the frame.This truck is a hand full to drive.The steering wheel is no longer centered and it clunks when in reverse and hitting the brakes.I had it alined a few years ago when i bought new tires.I have new tires again and the pass side is starting to get some run off.I really want to go over all of it and start fresh.

They are longer due to the lift, the body is farther from the axle and they need to be longer to keep the caster angle correct. No matter what the axle can not be back because the spring mounts are part of the front frame and if the axle was back further the springs wouldn't align with the spring mounts on the frame the springs would be at an angle also.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2.5 lift with longer springs.My skyjacker control arms are played out.Who sells good strong arms?

i put about 3 1/2" lift on the front on mine & I decided to go with the adjustable control arms. They are a little higher priced than other control arms but they make a it a lot easier to get your axle centered after you lift it. If you decide to make changes later & go even higher then you are ready because your control arms are adjustable. I bought mine from Rokman Offroad. They have a website. SSI also sells adjustable control arms but they want over a $1,000 for a set. I'm sure they are good, but that's kinda high if you ask me......

Thats a good point.I am having a guy make some fixed arms for me.They have ballistic joints.I dont want to put a big lilt kit on my dually.6 tires allready cost an arm and a leg.With bigger tires it would be out of my range.Speaking of tires, some day i would like to put 3rd gen factory dually rims.To me that look better.

I bought a set from TopGunz... They work okay, took them three tries to get me the right set though!:doh:My 35s still rub a little when turning left on a drop/bump. On flat ground they don't though which is a lot nicer than they were!:thumb1:

• 3 weeks later...

Well the rebuild is finished. Moog tie rods,I went with a 3rd gen trac bar bolt on, no drilling. 1/2inch longer than factory upper and lower control arms because i have a 3 inch lift. The front end is now centered.Dss steering stabilizer. End links. I did this with a tape measure just to get it to the shop. It drove pretty well for a tape measure job. Yesterday i went to the alignment shop and the guy adjusted it to factory specifications all good. It feels better than when i picked it up used with 70k on it.