• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HI, so this is my first time posting on here. I just found it other day. Anyway been having some trouble with my transmission. When it shifts to third gear it revs real high but will eventually shift. Been talking with goerends since I have some of there parts vb/tc. They say my 3rd gear clutches probably went out. Anyone one on here ever rebuild a transmission. Thinking about doing it myself.

Yea , It sounds the same. I thought maybe it was a solinoid but I ran a pressure check on the 3rd gear port. I put the truck up on blocks and ran it through the gears. When it hit third gear I had pressure on the gauge. Gorends told me to do that.

HI, so this is my first time posting on here. I just found it other day. Anyway been having some trouble with my transmission. When it shifts to third gear it revs real high but will eventually shift. Been talking with goerends since I have some of there parts vb/tc. They say my 3rd gear clutches probably went out. Anyone one on here ever rebuild a transmission. Thinking about doing it myself.

If my rebuild kit shows up in time I am planning on rebuilding transmission Saturday and making a how to thread. I seem to have back luck getting parts on time and them being correct so we'll see how it goes.

If my rebuild kit shows up in time I am planning on rebuilding transmission Saturday and making a how to thread. I seem to have back luck getting parts on time and them being correct so we'll see how it goes.

This would be interesting and useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Still planning on doing the step by step for a rebuild. Just ran into some problems with the kit I ordered and then some things came up and just haven't had the time. Will definitely get it posted as soon as I'm able to actually start on it.

Still planning on doing the step by step for a rebuild. Just ran into some problems with the kit I ordered and then some things came up and just haven't had the time. Will definitely get it posted as soon as I'm able to actually start on it.

Heck yeah !! Which kit you using ? Are you going to measure line pressure via the test port and do you know what the best pressure is at different gears etc ...... ? how about extra clutch in gear packs ? Solenoid upgrade or standard ? Think all the rebuild kits come with new apply leaver and band strut..... would be a GREAT article if you can get heaps of pics and comments :thumb1:

Heck yeah !! Which kit you using ? Are you going to measure line pressure via the test port and do you know what the best pressure is at different gears etc ...... ? how about extra clutch in gear packs ? Solenoid upgrade or standard ? Think all the rebuild kits come with new apply leaver and band strut..... would be a GREAT article if you can get heaps of pics and comments :thumb1:

I actually planned on a stock rebuild and shift kit. New solenoids and a single disk billet TC. This is basically just to get my truck on the road again since I have two transmissions and neither one is working correctly. The second will take me a while to get the money together but I plan on a Kevlar clutches rebuild kit and a triple disk converter and a valve body. More than likely a billet input for the second one also just waiting on the funds and need the truck to help get the funds.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be great for all of us, as it's only a matter of time before all of us are in the same situation! That way we could have each others backs. Does anyone have any like 47re for dummies type thing? For me I guess this vid would be it! Dave

It is still in the works Just having issues with the funding. I'm considering just tearing my spare trans apart and putting it back together just so I can get the pics and everything posted. I guess the important thing is the steps to do it. I'll see if I can find some spare time here soon and tear into it and get some pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

I just changed my fluid & filter & now it slips if I'm not carefull between 1&2. Put some Lucas in it & as I drive it is getting better.When I had my ECM reflashed for the jumping out of overdrive issue, the tech guy said my TC was getting weak. So the only way I can sort of afford a rebuild is to do it myself.That RevMax rebuild kit & TQ is pretty affordable & all the equip they use to build to build it w/ is all USA! A very American Co.Dave

I first thought it was my 1-2 shift but mine is the same as yours as far as the slipping goes! YIKES!!!!!