• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Ok gang I need you guys to double check me on this here...Truck Specs: 2002 Dodge Cummins - 128K miles - 2500 - Stock(No its not my truck!)Error Code list:P0113 - Intake Air Temp Sensor Voltage High Intake air (charge) temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage.P0118 - ECT Sensor Voltage Too High Engine coolant temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltageP0238 - Map Sensor Voltage Too High MAP sensor voltage input above the maximum acceptable voltage.P0343 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High InputP0563 - Charging System Voltage Too High Supply voltage sensed at ECM too high.P0577 - Cruise Control Related MalfunctionP1286 - Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Supply Voltage Too High High voltage detected at APPSP1475 - Aux 5 Volt Supply Voltage High Sensor supply voltage for ECM sensors is too high.I've not had a chance to verify the battery volts while running. But at idle the engine is randomly reving up to nearing 2K on the tach. Gauges are going wild all rising up randomly. Durin the short time I was there the coolant temp gauge pegged out (cold engine).My thought on it is the PCM voltage regulator is fried out... But I want to make sure and double check myself against the group here...

• Owner

PCM controls the alternator charge rate inconjunction with the battery temp sensor. So as for the sensors on the engine the ECM controls the 5 volt signal for the engine sensors. So if the alternator is running wild (over charging) or not running at all (under charging) then everything else start to fall apart. But the Cummins ECM can run as low as 8 Volts and still keep the engine going. (At least what I've heard)

PCM controls the alternator charge rate inconjunction with the battery temp sensor. So as for the sensors on the engine the ECM controls the 5 volt signal for the engine sensors. So if the alternator is running wild (over charging) or not running at all (under charging) then everything else start to fall apart. But the Cummins ECM can run as low as 8 Volts and still keep the engine going. (At least what I've heard)

Ok so the ecm would be at fault. ECM failing to control voltage?

• Owner

Ok Gang...I got a chance to get back down and check over the problem some more. Here is what I found...Tried clearing the error codes all code return instantly.Hooked up my ScanGauge II and the data reported by the SG II is strange at best...TPS - Randomily jumping up and down between 0 and 99% thottle.ECT - Show a solid -40*FIAT - Shows a solid -40*FMAP - Sensor MAX out at 37.3 PSIACheck voltages...Battery and charging voltage 14.3 Volts max.Bus Voltage - 5.02 Volts in the sensor bus (ECT, IAT, MAP etc.)Got the listing of ground from the FSM and double check all of them. Then also performed a voltage drop test on all the main lines (battery cables and alternator cables)When you start it still behaves wierd. Throttling randomily, ccoolant gauge buries to the 240*F and trip the CEL light. Once it makes it to limp mode it will idle smooth but the throttle is dead. So if you clear the codes you got some thorttle for a short period then go wacky again...I'm starting to now lean towards a Crazy ECM box... And yes I looked up the ground for the ECM it located behing the starter and the lead was tight.