• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) for dummies

Just sat through a meeting with cummins reps at work for a new 2500 Hitachi excavator we are buying with a cummins QSK 50 and cummins is going with it on some engines next year and everything as of 2014-2015. Here is a link to the excavator we are getting to give you an idea of what i work with. http://www.hitachi-c-m.com/au/products/excavator/large/ex2500-6/index.html Cummis already uses it on some applications, they have not had any issues as of yet with it but I know a guy at work with a brand new 2011 duramax had issues with the fluid getting too thick and freezing up and not pumping like it should in cold temps but GM is fixing the issue I guess. Cummins said with the scr system there is no more calalytic converter so that is a plus.

• Staff

The C&C 6.7's use it. While I think the filling/cost can be a pain, SCR allows the enigne to be less emissions friendly and have the SCR clean it up.. We all know that a less emissions friendly motor burns less fuel, and makes more power for the same fuel..

That is one serious hoe! Around here if we see a 450 we think that's pretty something. You obviously work in some sort of mine.

Yep there are 4 surface lignite coal mines in my area and I have worked at 2 of them currently and just recently as in a month ago got a promotion to shop foreman at the one I work at now. Energy production is huge where I live in western and south central ND. 4 coal mines with a 5th in the works 1 coal gasification plant 1 oil refinery 7 coal fired power plants with a possible 8th in the works. 3 or 4 ethanol plants several wind generator farms scattered accross the state. And the oil boom getting bigger by the day in western ND. There are plans to start up uranium mines and one other rare earth mineral mine I can't think of right off the top of my head. And with ag commodities through the roof our farmers and ranchers are having a great time now also. this is the reason ND has a 2 billion dollar surplus in its budget and growing in a big way mostly due to the oil boom. Things are going gangbusters here economy wise. They are all great ways to make a living as most of the energy jobs yield 70-80K annually on average. With any ambition 100K+ is easy.