• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Baby Is Gone!!

It seemed creapy but on a heavy highway haul, I used my 2 piece key chain to lock the doors, leaving the truck idling key in to cool the turbo... locked the doors with the keyless entry. Bro & I got back from our pit stop & hit the road again. I have no idea if the alarm would work under these circumstances...

• Owner

My igniton switch is so wore out I can pull the key out with it running and lock the doors... :lmao::lmao2: As for car thieft out here in Idaho is rather rare... 1. If you do steal a car you won't make it to the next county with it. (Can't out run Motorola)2. It's not hard to steal a rig out here being that most people leave there keys in the ignition with the windows rolled down and doors unlocked. As for people with car alarms the local kids love picking on these cars because they make noise. After awhile the owner typically gets smart and never uses it again. Or the local cats love to bounce on a warm hood tripping the alarm. :duh: As for me I lock my truck up even at home. Most of the time its parked in the shop and even locked up in there too. Something about living in California for 20 years kind of does it to you. :cookoo:

Mike I'm talking about the "factory alarm" not an after market. With the factory system there is a transmitter built into the gray key cover. If the vehicle is started without the key it will run 15 seconds then shut down the fuel pump. That is why it is very important to have a spare key made up as you need to have two keys to program another key. With out them a new key will cost you just a tad over $200 bucks.Don