• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Baby Is Gone!!

I'm so pissed off right now!! I get home from work and realize my truck is not where I last parked it. I run in the house hoping to see my extra key gone and maybe my brother has it, or my mom or my dad. To my misfortune, they are here... I filed a police report and now sit here and wonder, where could it be and who's the *ucking slob that has my truck!! That truck was my everything, I just hope I get her back in one piece...:cry:

Man...that sucks! Is it the one in your profile picture? There should be a law...whoever is found to have stole a vehicle...shoot them . Maybe it would deter the rest :mad:

Yes. It's the one in my profile picture. I agree, I could have seriously murked someone when I first realized my truck was gone. Maybe It's the Honda thieves; maybe they need a truck with balls to pull their stupid little ricer cars. I seriously don't know what I would do If I found out who it was.

Total Bummer! Where are you located? Post on every forum, more pictures of unique features. Hopefully it will turn up. Oh, yes, check Craigs List for your truck & also Cummins parts.

Yea, i was thinking about doing that. I'm more worried because I had important information in there containing bank information and my social security number. I don't even know who to contact about this.

just the other day i had a though about this. man i need to make that kill switch.

You seriously should while you have the chance. I'd hate to see another one of our members see their truck gone.

wow man sorry to hear... i cant imagine coming home and my truck just being gonei used to think about that when i kept my spare keys in my center console so that i could lock the door and leave it running..any idea how they got in? broken glass?

Im surprised mike doesn't have a thread or a page about how to disable your starter.

wow man sorry to hear... i cant imagine coming home and my truck just being gone i used to think about that when i kept my spare keys in my center console so that i could lock the door and leave it running.. any idea how they got in? broken glass?

i am a frequent offender of this, and outside of that fact the guys at work rarely ever showup and leave when i do i feel they don't realise. there is only one guy who knows i give him rides home from work all the time, but we have become good friends over time. I leave mine under the center console ar rest thing, just pick it up an inch and there she is. I did this because when i am running the doctors around in bad weather i have left my keys locked inside before with the truck running.

wow man sorry to hear... i cant imagine coming home and my truck just being gone i used to think about that when i kept my spare keys in my center console so that i could lock the door and leave it running.. any idea how they got in? broken glass?

That's the weird part. There's no evidence of broken glass, or anything. One thing is for sure; I won't retrieve it with wheels on it. :cry: Hate is a pretty big word, and I can honestly say I hate thieves, and I hate the person who only wishes to have what I have and will go as far as stealing shi* to get it. I don't understand... why couldn't he have asked for the wheels, stereo, engine, or whatever he wants. I would have politely said "sure!"... Freakin' douchebags!

sorry to here about your truck. i hate theives as bad as you. someone broke into our house three weeks ago while my wife took her mother out. somewhere between 9:30 and 12 AM in broad open daylight. i would have just shot em and got it over with. had my job trailers broken into thru the years also. i have got no use nor sympathy for a theif. hang em all. :mad:

That would be nice to know, how a person can keep it fom starting easily :shrug:

Put a lockable battery disconnect switch inline with the battery cables. Myself I would put a hidden toggle switch in the solenoid wire for the starter. You could even go as far as to run a switch to control the power to the vp44 controller and the fuel pump.

Put a lockable battery disconnect switch inline with the battery cables. Myself I would put a hidden toggle switch in the solenoid wire for the starter. You could even go as far as to run a switch to control the power to the vp44 controller and the fuel pump.

i would think running a toggle or a kill switch to the Vp-44 controller would be better because anyone can just cross the solenoid on the starter.

#5 green wire is ecm power wire.A toggle to it and no start. Now about your truck.Man i am sorry to here this. On the news they had a story about people in parking lots with some kind of a computer that reads your key fob.It can unlock your truck.But that only gets them in the cab.I dont know how to get it started from that point.Maybe some one flatbed it ?

Got you posted on Cummins Forum in the Colorado Section.

Stolen Truck in Denver Area

Thanks for posting on there stodg73 as I am not a member of that forum. Really do appreciate it.

sorry to here about your truck. i hate theives as bad as you. someone broke into our house three weeks ago while my wife took her mother out. somewhere between 9:30 and 12 AM in broad open daylight. i would have just shot em and got it over with. had my job trailers broken into thru the years also. i have got no use nor sympathy for a theif. hang em all. :mad:

Well, it's a good thing I haven't purchased my friends 9mm yet. I probably would have gone out head hunting. I felt so disrespected... It's unexplainable, the feeling. Especially to have something you really care about just taken from you like that.

#5 green wire is ecm power wire.A toggle to it and no start.

Now about your truck.Man i am sorry to here this. On the news they had a story about people in parking lots with some kind of a computer that reads your key fob.It can unlock your truck.But that only gets them in the cab.I dont know how to get it started from that point.Maybe some one flatbed it ?

I don't know why I haven't done this but one of my friends uncle has a camera on each pillar of his range rover. He has it setup somehow to where if the key isnt in the ignition and the door is opened it starts recording.

There was a guy I remember that didn't smoke but rigged the cigarette lighter as the toggle switch to start the truck. So to protect his truck he would simple pull the cigarette lighter out and and put it in his pocket... Truck disabled! :smart:

That would be an awesome thing to do. Can you imagine thieves going "Why isn't this thing starting?" doing every possible thing to start it. Little do they know they need the cigarette lighter to start it. That wuld be awesome!!

Plug in the cigarette lighter, you freakin' Douchebag!

now i have a team of top men (me myself and my brother) designing a kill switch and i came up with a good sneaky solution.the accelerator pedal, because on our second gen's you can lift the pedal up, its as simple as having a push switch that pushes on and then push it again to turn it off, and then afix that to the wall behind the ACC pedal. then when you get into your truck you simply lift the pedal up till it hits the firewall, and then you can start the truck.

Man that sucks, I guess you don't have security system on the truck. If they peel my column the truck will run for about 15 seconds then the fuel pump shuts down if the ECM does not see the signal from the key.For you guys that have a spare key so you can lock your truck with it running. I'm also guessing you don't have power locks with a key fob? I keep my key fob on a different key ring so I can lock and unlock my truck with it running. No you can't lock the truck using the power lock switch but the key fob will lock the truck.Don