Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil leak (another thread)

i know mine is still there after dodge replaced my oe lift pump with the intank pump and there is a reson for them leaving it there. i just dont remember why. i think one or both othe bolts penetrate the oil jackets in the block. i dont know that for sure, but i believe i have read that some where.:shrug:

Hey HEavy There's a different gasket there ?? :shrug: hmm .... so hard to see back there .....I can see most of the oil is right at the back of the block - but yeah the OEM lift pump is quite close to the oil also Whats that gasket for ? And why does it leak oil if its related to lift pump ? Might have to get the starter motor off after all ...... can't think of a better way to get a look at it without taking everything off the top

Sorry John for the late response. I had the same leak on my truck when I removed the lift pump bracket to clean up that side of the block and then a couple months later the leak appeard!:doh: After taking it to a good friend/mechanic he told me that there is still a boss behind there for what was used for the 12v lift pumps. I guess Cummins never removed the boss for the 24v block.:shrug: So the gasket is behind the lift pump bracket and there is another plate that the wiring harness runs thru and clamps too behind all this. :smart: I hope this helps John. Good luck.:thumb1:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I am curious if you ever got this one fised also. I have got a leak at the rear of the engine myself. It appears to be wet along the bottom of the back third of the tappet cover. I can see it along the bottom edge, but cant see much else without taking some stuff. what di your end up being?

I am curious if you ever got this one fised also. I have got a leak at the rear of the engine myself. It appears to be wet along the bottom of the back third of the tappet cover. I can see it along the bottom edge, but cant see much else without taking some stuff. what di your end up being?

No havent done it - as pretty sure its my tappet - and if I do pull it - going to go billet and be done. $200 - blah

I think I am going to use the oe with anew gasket.:broke: Probably will wait until I get her home. I am living in the rv park. You knowhow that goes. I got up a day break Sunday and change the fluid in my front diff. It was leaking on ther new concrete.