• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

low fuel pressure lite ,Kit #41373

the adjustable part is pretty good. but i dont think you can beat a fp gauge. to me its easier seeing real time pressure. as the pressure would begin to drop as your filter is filling with contaminants you are able to see it slowly drop and know there is a problem before the warnig light comes on. i have been thinking of putting one in addition to my fp gauge in case of a quick failure of some component in the fuel system.

• Staff

the adjustable part is pretty good. but i dont think you can beat a fp gauge. to me its easier seeing real time pressure. as the pressure would begin to drop as your filter is filling with contaminants you are able to see it slowly drop and know there is a problem before the warnig light comes on. i have been thinking of putting one in addition to my fp gauge in case of a quick failure of some component in the fuel system.

I agree, a low psi light does not tell the whole story and really isn't worth the cost or hassle. If you really want one you should do it in addition to, not instead of, like you mentioned.

my fp guage is mounted on intake to the fuel filter. i had a BD 5 psi lite at ip.(lost IP be before i had guage) wanted to change to a higher psi so icould tell if fuel filter was getting bad at a higher psi. fabed a hose w/ valve for a snubber on the new psi switch.hope i made sense