• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

a/c out on 06 2500

Hey fellas, I need some help on an 06 2500. The truck belongs to a friend of mine an he called me an said his ac went out! I told him i would try an help out on this! Well I had a friend that works from dodge check it out, he said it was a bad clutch on the ac compressor. I order new compressor for the truck, an today I was driving the truck down the road with the old components still on, an the ac started working fine! Turned the truck off now ac is dead again:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Can anyone tell me where I need to look at on this thing?:pray::pray::pray: The truck is an 06 2500 ctd with 5.9 cr

:banghead:Ok I've done some checking, when you have truck running and a light tester at the wire on the clutch, the light tester will light up 3 or 4 times and compressor tries to kick in. So I made a jumper wire from hot side on battery and ran to the wire for clutch, compressor kicks in and runs and cools good! So where do I go from there?

• Owner

Check the AC compressor relay to see if its wore out. The compressor wiring is fairly simple. +12V -> Fuse -> Relay -> AC Clutch Relay signal is from the PCM which has the hi limit switch and the low limit switch. So check the relay socket for signal from the PCM. (85 & 86) should have power and a ground present when the A/C is on.

• Like 2

sounds like you need a wiring diagram and start following the wires until you find the bad connection or wire then repair it and you should be good to go. i dont know if mopar has an 06 diagram in the down load section. i dont think it would be hard to come by on the internet. Electrical is a weak spot for me and i am not good on procedure. i just looked at mine and there is only couple of wires to trace, but wiring diagram is going to help alot.

Or Rockauto.com for $24... :smart:

Not so :smart::smart: rockauto.com 25.79+19.57 for shipping...total 45.36 plus few days in transit! :smart: dealer 35 + 2.80 tax no freight next day! Sorry Mike! have to differ with ya on this one....sorry :nono::nono: No hard feelings I hope!

i buy some of my stuff from rock auto. they do have good pricing. the shipping prices are somewhat inconsistant. i just order for my 06 dakota, front whell bearing hub assembly, upper contol arm w/baljoint, and lower ball joint. shipping just under $10. thats gotta weigh 40 pounds. i cant figure that one out.

• Owner

Not so :smart::smart: rockauto.com 25.79+19.57 for shipping...total 45.36 plus few days in transit! :smart: dealer 35 + 2.80 tax no freight next day! Sorry Mike! have to differ with ya on this one....sorry :nono::nono: No hard feelings I hope!

It's All good... :thumb1: For me dealer is 320 mile (6 hour of driving, $50 bucks of fuel) round trip... :stuned: