• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Did the 4th gear hunt fix..what now?

• Owner

He said actually that the VP44 is pretty much indestructable unless you run it out of fuel, like the lift pump going out. Keep it lubricated w/ M73M's 2 stoke oil, nother additive, biodiesel, it should last the life of the truck.

Wow! :wow The dealer mechanic suggested my idea??? That's a shocker! 8| That's for sure one to add to the books! Wow! :wow

• 2 weeks later...

Went from my house to Bobcaygeon, Ontario & back to Buffalo NY. on one Tank of D2. At least 600 miles & some change. Loaded down some. Jet Ski's, all our gear, momma & two big German Shepard dogs. The computer updates did the trick. Power to spare. Never slowed once on any hills lots fairly steep in N Pa. & Ontario.I did get all my ball joints on before I left. Not that easy of a job. Couldn't get one of the lower arm bolts out. I broke 3 21mmsockets & three Craftsman rachets, one was a breaker bar. I'll try the Sears return policy. A friend of mine was going to take them to work & press them for me but when I called the dealer for some info, he told me to rent a "C" clamp press. Cost me nothing at Advance auto. She's mostly tight, steering is much better. Good thing, needed it to be on the Money driving in Toronto traffic. Still have one knock on the right under the seat. Breaking or a hard right turn while going slow. Any clues as what to check? Seems I may need to replace something in steering wheel. Don't know about that w/ the air bag & all! OK for now!Looks like my truck bed on the pass side is sticking out & is below the body line. Maybe a crushed bushing or no bushing at all.Have to find where it mounts. Maybe if I line the bed up better the knock will be out of there.?Hope you are all having a great summer!