• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help for a friend. starter problem ?

My friend who is helping me with my vp44 install. Has the same truck as me (see sig). His truck has been clicking when he would turn the key click click click. He would just turn it off and it would then start. It got to the point where it was annoying and he first switched the fuel relay over to the starter relay to see if that would make a difference and it still clicked. ( I am not sure if they are even the same relays) ? So he decided to put a new starter in tonite. Well now it just clicks once and it will not start. If you hot wire it from the batt to the starter it starts right up. Any thoughts or Ideas we can try when he comes over tomorrow. Would really like to try and help him get his fixed.Thanks Rob

What is clicking? The starter, or the relay? If it is the relay, check the main battery connection at the PDC, make sure it is clean and tight. If it is the starter, make sure the battery cbles are tight and clean, at the batterys AND the starter.

• Like 1