• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rim question

Same pattern but the rims off of the trucks with disk on the rear WILL NOT clear the steering on the front or drums on the rear of the older trucks. I have a set of wheels in my garage that came off of an '01 that are 16" and they will not work on my '96. I tried them on a '98 and they won't fit.

What is the difference between disc and drum wheels? I swapped in a disc rear so it doesnt apply to me, but I am looking at other wheel options. Basically if mine ever crack. Leaning towards 3rd gen 17" so I can goto bigger brakes. What is the offset on the 2nd gen 16" and the 3rd gen 17"s?

The inside of the wheels off of a rear disk truck are not as large as the ones off of a drum brake truck. I was told that you could grind the ridge off the drums and they would fit, but I am not about to do that. The 17" wheels have what looks to be the same offset as the 16" wheels. I am running a set of 17s off of an '06 on mine and they really upgraded the look of the truck.

The inside of the wheels off of a rear disk truck are not as large as the ones off of a drum brake truck. I was told that you could grind the ridge off the drums and they would fit, but I am not about to do that. The 17" wheels have what looks to be the same offset as the 16" wheels. I am running a set of 17s off of an '06 on mine and they really upgraded the look of the truck.

Where did you get them, and what is a normal price maybe? Craigslist is kinda dry around me. Next time I need tires I want to put those on. I really like the look of em on 2nd gens. :thumb1:

Where did you get them, and what is a normal price maybe? Craigslist is kinda dry around me. Next time I need tires I want to put those on. I really like the look of em on 2nd gens. :thumb1:

I have a friend that bought an '06 and put aftermarket rims on and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time! I have not taken care of them like I really should, but they still look good and they dressed up my truck a bunch! BTW, I got them with the tires, lugnuts, and hubcaps for $600.