• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ever wonder what a AirDog filter looks like inside...

• Owner

Here you go gang... I changed filter early because of a fuel pressure problem... So I desided to cut open the filters to show you...Fleetguard FF5613 filter open and exposed...post-2-138698180208_thumb.jpgFleetguard FF5613 media or filter element... (3 micron)post-2-138698180215_thumb.jpgAirDog 150 water Seperator and prefilter opened and exposed.post-2-138698180264_thumb.jpgAirDog Prefilter media or filter element... (100 micron?)post-2-138698180274_thumb.jpg

• Staff

FASS are even worse. The OEM FASS 150 f/w sep isn't even rated by Fleetguard as a F/W sep.. hard to stop water if thats not what it's designed for!Put a Baldwin BF1212 on there, the HF6604 is the best you can do on the final filtration. FASS and AD really screwed up when they picked their filters and thread/gasket sizes.

• Like 1

Is your airdog a 150/150? how do you like it. I converted my fass 95/150 to a 150/150 when the motor started going south. They look the same. How much noise does it make when you turn the key? My old fass started getting loud. Real loud! The new 150 pump they sent me is quiet.

• Owner

Is your airdog a 150/150? how do you like it. I converted my fass 95/150 to a 150/150 when the motor started going south. They look the same. How much noise does it make when you turn the key? My old fass started getting loud. Real loud! The new 150 pump they sent me is quiet.

Yea its a 150... Its a good pump been reliable... Makes very little noise at all... From what I learn a loud pump could be cause by fuel restriction... Or just a wore out pump motor.

FASS are even worse. The OEM FASS 150 f/w sep isn't even rated by Fleetguard as a F/W sep.. hard to stop water if thats not what it's designed for! Put a Baldwin BF1212 on there, the HF6604 is the best you can do on the final filtration. FASS and AD really screwed up when they picked their filters and thread/gasket sizes.

what about a fass 95 series? what would i need to do to change the fuel filter and f/w seperator over to somethign that is more easily found and also rated to provide good protection to my truck, I finally swapped in some new injectors and i have a VP-44 on the way as well, ide hate to have non standard filters that are more or less crap.