• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why you never mix and match injector parts...

• Owner

Well I finally got around to cleaning up my RV275 injectors again...:duh: I've always had a random misfire problem with them at idle, only when hot. Finally got bad enough that I couldn't deal with it any more. I yanked them out and stuck in my stock injectors. In the mean time, I went out and bought a digital caliper for the tool box. So I figured I would pull them apart and measure the pintle needle, copper washer thickness, and spring shim.Kind of shocked at a few injectors... :truck:[TABLE=align: center][TR][TD]Copper Shim (Inch)[/TD][TD]Pintle thick end (Inch)[/TD][TD]Pintle thin end (Inch)[/TD][TD]Spring Shim (Inch)[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0545[/TD][TD]0.1570[/TD][TD]0.1270[/TD][TD]0.0755[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0525[/TD][TD]0.1570[/TD][TD]0.1270[/TD][TD]0.0690[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0535[/TD][TD]0.1570[/TD][TD]0.1270[/TD][TD]0.0630[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0535[/TD][TD]0.1570[/TD][TD]0.1265[/TD][TD]0.0710[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0535[/TD][TD]0.1520[/TD][TD]0.1215[/TD][TD]0.0675[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0.0540[/TD][TD]0.1570[/TD][TD]0.1265[/TD][TD]0.0675[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] Now #5 in the list has a strange sized pintle and nozzle. I verified the ID of the nozzle bore and the OD of the pintle and its a true fit of both. But looking at the part and how exact they must be to work properly, I went back through and cleaned them all and reassembled all 6 injectors. Then installed them in the truck and Man talk about a change. I was really really picky about them this time and actually checked all the measurements and made sure all the pintles and nozzles were spotless. So I'm back to running the RV275 injectors... :hyper:

• Owner

So far they are runing prefect... Very smooth idle and lots of good power when you stomp the pedal to the carpet.Really changed the attitude of the running performance. Like ISX had done is soaked injector overnight in solvent and nothing happen... So now I tend to believe that most injector cleaner are incapable of removing any kind of gum or varnish on the pintle that gets cooked on the pintle. If you want it done right you just got to break them down and clean them by hand.As for #5 I double check it ID on OD and it a prefect match... But it showed me there is no way to interchange part of a injector with another injector...