• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am experiencing what i think is the TC going in and out of lock up. This occurs randomly and anywhere from 40 at initial shift into OD and cruising at 70+ on the interstate in cruise control. The tach jumps approximately 250 for anywhere from 1 second to 20 seconds with no increase in speed. I have taken the truck to a friend (master mechanic) and he said it could be due to brake switch position. he adjusted the switch with no favorable result. He said that the position of the switch in relation to the steering column does not allow for adequate movement to remove the gap between switch and pedal. The next step that he recommended was a new switch that could be modified to close the gap. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions to try before I buy a new switch?

If you have the switch I think you do remove the knee bolster. Locate the switch and twist it counter clockwise 30*. Pull the switch out and grab the plunger. Pull the plunger out (it will stop). Reverse the instructions and your switch should be reset.

Thanks for the help. I read another thread and recalibrated my apps. I drove the truck about 12 miles with no issues. I will be driving 100 miles tomorrow and that trip should let me know if that solved the problem. It probably would have helped if I had mentioned I had to replace a battery due to a bad cell issue.:doh:

• 4 weeks later...