• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HELP!!!! My tranny wont shift!!

gassernomore

This is for my son,He has an 06 cummins 6 sp tranny. While pulling into to the driveway this afternoon, like a blonde he let his foot off the clutch with his foot on the brake still. the tires kept spinning for about 3 seconds and then it died. Well when he went to start it back up it kinda "lurched" with his foot still in on the clutch and did not want to start. So with the truck turned off he put the stick to neutral put his foot back in on the clutch and then proceeded to start and lo and behold it did. Well now the clutch feels different it will push back up real hard when you have it pushed in and it will not shift in to any gear while running. But if you turn the truck off and have it in gear before turning it on it will start fine, but with your foot in on the clutch it wants to go! Please any thought would be appreciated!

something is definately wrong in the cluctch. it is not disengaging. the blonde in me has stopped this truck and others while the clutch was engaged with no adverse problems. i know that it is not good for them but it would suprise if that could totaly trash one. though something has happened. what is a DMF anyway. i have seen that term and dont know what it stands for.:shrug:

HOLY COW:stuned: It works!! I just went out and after about 2 and a half hours of sitting she started right up and put her in gear and took off!! Somebody is looking out for me today:ahhh: Thanks for the replies!!

My guess now that it's working is that this episode got the innerds a bit warm/hot. The 2.5 hours let it all cool down. DMF=Dual Mass Flywheel. Not a very good design.

• Staff

The DMF was designed to smooth out the clutch engagement and keep the hard NVH from the motor from damaging the aluminum case on the G56. it's a horrible design, yet is still in use. Glad it's working, I would have guessed it fubar'd the DMF as well, but maybe it just got it hot and grabby.