• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone have any input on the exhaust manifold I should get? I'm undecided between the BD and ATS. While the BD has two ports driled and tapped and the ATS has one. The ATS also comes with a high temp black coating and won't look like crap after a few seasons. As far as quality between the two I have no idea. Currently the best price I have found shipped to my door is $425.00 total.

well, I just was looking at an htt and found it for 425 and it comes with all the gaskets....one thing I'm undecided about is the hight temp black coating. HTT doesn't come with that and ATS does....i mean I imagine the htt will look bad in a few years unless i paint it. Then again, will the paint all cook off of the ats anyhow?.....hard to say but its nice not having to buy gaskets with htt.

yes, who wants to pay 500 bucks, still have to port the thing and have it coated....not to mention after searching some of these forums I have learned that people are still having probs with the after market ones cracking like htt and ats.

• Owner

Ones I feel sorry for are the stock truck owners getting sucked into the performance craze and then buying a high performance manifold for big money. Then get it installed and find out it didn't improve anything much... :duh:Personally I don't see a reason for any of the big manifold unless your pump some seriously big HP numbers.

As far as cracking you have ask them all, how hot did it get ? Thats why they crack for the most part.Now about aftermarket exhaust. They help in a huge way,at least on mine it did. I look at it as every little helps. It is a matter of building all parts to work together so they help one onother. If your's is almost stock don't get one. Let me be clear about ALMOST stock, 275 rv injectors and a fass/air dog pump is still stock to me.If you want to see results from your stock manafold, gasket match it on both the turbo side and the exhaust side and smooth it out. All you meed is a drill and grinder bit. Then you can send it out to get a coating.

Ones I feel sorry for are the stock truck owners getting sucked into the performance craze and then buying a high performance manifold for big money. Then get it installed and find out it didn't improve anything much... :duh:

Personally I don't see a reason for any of the big manifold unless your pump some seriously big HP numbers.

Yeah I know but my stock one is cracked bigtime and I don't necessarily think i should get another stock model. Now I'm looking at dps or ats. Some of these sites are advertising that the dps has a ceramic coating....I'm kind of doubting this.

--- Update to the previous post...

As far as cracking you have ask them all, how hot did it get ? Thats why they crack for the most part.

Now about aftermarket exhaust. They help in a huge way,at least on mine it did. I look at it as every little helps. It is a matter of building all parts to work together so they help one onother. If your's is almost stock don't get one. Let me be clear about ALMOST stock, 275 rv injectors and a fass/air dog pump is still stock to me.

If you want to see results from your stock manafold, gasket match it on both the turbo side and the exhaust side and smooth it out. All you meed is a drill and grinder bit. Then you can send it out to get a coating.

Well, my truck is def stock....I haven't even beefed up the trans yet or added a tuner. I was curious if anyone has an ats on here and does the port for the probe come tapped and plugged or not. So, you think it's a good idea to port one of these aftermarket manifolds as well?

Yes, i just removed it 2 weeks ago. The ats that is. I ran it for almost 5 years. It has one port for egt. The reason i suggested gasket matching and cleaning it up a little is because it will help in a small way. You dont have to.

So, how long did that black coating hold up on the ats before it started lookn bad? Ever start rusting?

So are you getting a new one? Or you just got some engine work your doing? Heck, if your getting somthn else I could just buy that one from you if it is still good.

I had wanted a equal length header for years. Had a buddy move on up to a 4t and sold me his used header.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the top picture, that is a thread from the exhaust blanket i ran with it.

I have a guy who says he wants to buy it, but it has been a wile. If he backs out and you want it i will sell it to you.

I had wanted a equal length header for years. Had a buddy move on up to a 4t and sold me his used header.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the top picture, that is a thread from the exhaust blanket i ran with it.

I have a guy who says he wants to buy it, but it has been a wile. If he backs out and you want it i will sell it to you.

Dang it...put the pressure on him...the sale on the ats is only good thru tomorrow.

I'm joking about putting pressure on him....well, maybe not