• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

while i was driving along today my battery voltage gauge suddenly peaked up to the maxwhen i pulled over as soon as i started getting slower it dropped back down to normal and the rest of the way home it stayed normalwould a short somewhere have caused this?i had been using cruise control but im not sure if i had it engaged when it happenedmaybe it was the cruise control and once i slowed down causing it to disengage it returned to normal?:shrug:

• 1 month later...

Ok after trying an external voltage regulator with no luck I had the alternator tested and it was doing some screwy things New alternator in and I've got only 12v reading in the gauge and after a few minutes it drops to Zero with no effect on brightness of lights --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.674987,-84.075746

explain this again? what is the voltage reading on the battery terminals when idling? are you sure the grid heater solenoids are not stuck closed? i dealt with a similar issue of zero on the batt gauge...