• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi guys,Because of Michael's recommendation I went ahead & purchased a used canister, bracket & filter from Ebay. I need some info on what fittings to buy from the Frantz site. Michael, you used to have a picture of the return line going through the oil cap. I think I'd like to use the same. Any problems with that for you? What do I need for that? Also, I read on one of your postings that you used an outlet from the factory filter mount, what do I need for that?Is it less messy to change the filter with the lines on the top. Is that why you did it that way? I only have about 1,500 miles on this oil, I think I'm going just install it when I get my parts together. I know Frants has an install kit but I won't be needing all those fittings.Thanks,Dave

Thanks cummins2k for putting that link up for me. :smart I was looking on the site map but did not see the one you posted. I new it was on here somewhere. It is a Frantz that was made in Stockton, California, so it says anyway. :confused: The fitting for the oil cap, where do I get one of those? I saw one on someones site a few months back but now I can't find it. The fitting that come off the stock filter housing, what size is that please?It had to be a Frantz, if it's good enough for you guys it's good enough for me. :thumbsup Thanks,Dave

OK, I was able to find what I need on the We Filter It site.1/8 NPT thread male fitting, for the Frantz base, prolly what it is for the fitting out of the filter housing & the AMS swivel into the oil cap. Sound right?Dave

I have my return line going down to the oil pan via a STHB........Self Tapping Hollow Bolt. Sounds serious, but it's pretty easy to install. And the nice thing about having the return line to the oil pan is that the filter drains when you shut down the engine. It makes for a much cleaner TP change.

Hey DW,Looks easy enough. & seems like you've had no problems with leaks. I may have to mount mine in the traditional way because someone made a bracket above my alt. Looks like it may have been for another alt. Anyway,the ears on the Frantz line up just right & the hood still has clearance to close. Come to think of it,it may drain with the engine off using the AMS in the oil cap because its placement, the canister,would be so high. :confused: Life is all about options. All those fittings are availale from Franz. I never looked for those like at my local NAPA store or hardware store.Thanks for taking the time to post that pic for me,Dave :D

Hi all,Just wanted to let you know that the link that Cummins2k posted was a awesome lead. I received a call from Deborah from the site last night on my cell, she is very knowledgeable about the Frantz product. She was able to answer questions about the fittings I needed for the install & knew specifically what I needed to complete the install, what works best and so on. :smart In this day of automation, & phone operators that don't know their product or that can communicate, Deborah was a positve God send!. :thumbsup Thank you everyone,Dave