• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hard start, hot or cold.

welcome to the club.I struggled to figure out what my problem was for 6 months. 6 months of tightening fitting, hell i even hose clamped every fuel line fitting that had hose, and when i was all said and done it was the front of the VP-44.It took a long time before the fuel really started to become noticeable, mainly because i forgot what engine oil was to look like.Then one day i pulled my engine oil dipstick and said wait its green"!Even though i have been watching my engine oil turn green with envy, i have yet to notice my oil level rising, not sure why.

If it is the front of the VP wouldn't having the front end downhill make it worse instead of making the problem go away though? That's the part I can't figure out about that possibility. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

the thing about down hill is it would trap the fuel in the lines. IMO i have found that parking nose ___ up or nose down didn't make a difference if it was the extremes, for some reason she still would loose prime when it was cold. Did you consider pulling the injectors out and the cross over tubes and the lines off and doing a good once over inspection, and checking the O-rings on everything? if it is above 40F truck will not lose prime. i started my truck up this morning it has not been run in 5 days,m and she starts up without issue. last week it was below 40F, and she would hard start every morning, even if it was 50F by the time i started working on the truck.

Haven't made it to pulling the injectors and tubes yet. Mine will be hard to start regardless of temp. Unless the front end is downhill. Doesn't matter if it is at operating temp, if I shut it off for about 15 minutes it is hard to start, unless the front end is downhill.Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Rechecked the oil again. No fuel is in the oil. I guess it is time to drop the tank and see what is going on there. Has anyone ever had their injectors leak off causing a problem like this? Is there a check valve in the air dog I can't find?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That is what mine was doing. hard start unless pointing down hill, hot or cold. Mine was a return fuel leak. The tee was obviously a problem. I know you said the head was dry at the return line, mine felt the same way. But when I removed it the seal washers were hard just like a flat washer. If it is just weeping you might not feel anything. 30 minutes and a few bucks might put it to rest though. I doesnt take much of leak to drain the fuel. Since fixing mine I have no hard starting any more. Hot or cold, uphill or down hill.