• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

What are the normal numbers a person should see from the IAT sensor this time of the year? This being without a diode stuffed into the wiring connector or having one of Prowelders setup hooked up! I see about 107*. Thanks for any help.

Mine read high with this BHAF, I see in the 140's most of the time at idle and 120's driving.

Ok... Now compare the IAT temps to ECT temp in the morning with a cold start... Both numbers should be exactly the same if not then the IAT most likely is failed. Yes the IAT sensor will fail within specs at time and throw a weird high temp.
  • Like 1

The reason idling doesn't count is that there is a coolant passage within inches of the IAT sensor and when its idling the air flow is low so the coolant will heat the air up. But while your rolling and driving the air flow is higher and the cooler air will not heat as fast so the reading will be much lower.